Effective Date: Jan 05th, 2019
McArt Studio INC (MS), Virtual McArt Studio (VMS) Terms and Conditions of Use.
Your data and privacy are very important to us at McArt Studio Inc, Virtual McArt Studio. We are committed to protecting the privacy of users of the site and the confidential information that you may provide to us. This is a contract. Be sure to read the terms carefully before accessing the site. By accessing the site you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement.
Some McArt Studio Inc, Virtual McArt Studio lessons are available to you for free, while others require that you create a User Account and pay a Subscription Fee for access. Access to and use of the Services, whether accessed with or without payment are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Personal data policy
On becoming Virtual McArt Studio member you will be asked to provide basic information such as your first and last name and your email address. This information is securely stored on this website. No financial information oy physical addresses are stored on this site.
If you are selected as Virtual McArts Student of the month, you will be asked to provide a mailing address, in order for a Virtual McArt prize to be mailed to you. This is optional, you are under no obligation to release your home address.
How we use your data
Collected data is used to provide you with the support you require. To respond to questions, requests, and comments. To inform you of new lessons, site changes and any bonus content to be released. To prevent any fraudulent or illegal activity and improve the ease of use of the site.
- Under no circumstances will Virtual McArt Studio share your personal data with anyone else.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- To prevent fraud or illegal activities
- To improve the usability of the site
- Dick Blick and Amazon.com are associated as third party vendors. Links to their sites to purchase materials are located on our recommended materials page. We do not sale materials or products from the Virtual McArt Studio site.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Newsletter and Mailing Lists
Virtual McArt Studio uses a third party email service to send you occasional newsletters detailing new lesson releases, bonus content and any changes. This newsletter serves as part of your subscription. You may opt out of receiving emails from Virtual McArt Studio us at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the emails that you receive or by changing your notification preferences in your user settings
Virtual McArt Studio is built in a site that provide a continuous SSL. A "Secure Sockets Layer" (SSL) certificate is a technology for making sure that the internet connection between a web page and its visitors is kept completely secure. If the page you're visiting has an SSL certificate applied to it, you can be sure that any confidential information being transferred (passwords, credit card information, and so on) is kept completely safe and cannot be intercepted or stolen.
You will see page addresses start with HTTPS (rather than HTTP). You will also see the little green padlock (the icon for SSL) next to your browser's address bar.
Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about your activities and preferences. Cookies do not store personal information. They help the website remember that you are logged in so that you may navigate from page to page without having to log in again. They accomplish this without passing any personal information.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited;
- Personalizing content that you see on our website;
- Our website analytics;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
If you do not wish to accept cookies you will need to delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings.
Virtual McArt Studio Accounts
McArt Studio Inc, Virtual McArt hereby grants each Subscriber a non-sub licensable and non-transferable license, limited one per person, to access the content and information available in the Virtual McArt Studio site according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the applicable subscription fees and adherence to these Terms. Each Subscriber agrees that Virtual McArt Studio may not be accessed by any person other than the account holder. Subscriber must be a minimum of 18 years of age to create an accessible Virtual McArt Studio account. Each User shall be authorized to Virtual McArt Studio from any Internet connection.
Monthly and annual subscription
- Unlimited access to Virtual McArt content including content to be released during subscriber’s membership duration.
- Monthly and annual subscriptions automatically renews monthly until cancelled by Subscriber
- Automatically renews on the same date of each corresponding month or year
- Agreed fees charged on renewal date
- NO additional fees for registration or enrollment are charged by Virtual McArt Studio.
- Subscription fees are non-refundable
- Discounts and other special offers only valid for initial term; subscriptions renew at the then-current full subscription rates dependent on monthly or annual enrollment choice made by subscriber.
- Virtual McArt Studio may increase subscription fees for a subsequent subscription period at any time and for any reason, provided, however, that Virtual McArt provides notice at least thirty (30) calendar days prior to the price schedule change.
- I If Virtual McArt Studio is unable to renew the subscription based on inaccurate or outdated credit card information, they may terminate the subscription and these Terms if it is unable to renew Right of Access.
Charter and Private schools.
When you become a paid member of Virtual McArt Studio you make a payment using a third party payment processor, Stripe.com Virtual McArt Studio does NOT store your credit card information in our database. Your information is encrypted and maintained by our payment processors. Stripe.com is a popular credit card processor that handles credit and debit card purchases and stores your financial information securely on their website. This information is used to manage your account, including cancellations, refunds, and recurring payments. Stripe.com communicates with Virtual McArt Studio to provide you access with content that you have paid for and to restrict content that you haven't paid for.
Access to Virtual McArt Studio
McArt Studio INC, Virtual McArt Studio does its upmost to provide service on a continuous basis to all contractual members. However, from time to time, due to conditions beyond our control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site.
User of Virtual McArt Studio, expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following “Prohibited Conduct”:
- Under no circumstances does any users/site visitors have permission to download any videos, accompanying text or images from the Virtual McArt Studio site. All content held on the Virtual McArt Studio site is for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials. Includes but not limited to. capture, download, save, upload, print or otherwise retain information and content available on the Virtual McArt Studio Site
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Virtual McArt Studios site. You may not Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus, advertisement, communication, or other item or process to the Site
- Permit or provide others Access to Virtual McArt Studio using your account name and password or otherwise, or the name and password of another authorized User.
- Copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, and transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on Virtual McArt Studio.
- Remove or modify any copyright or trademark notations from the content available on Virtual McArt Studio.
- Engage in any other conduct which violates the Copyright Act or other laws of the United States.
- Misrepresent your identity or personal information when accessing the Site.
- Post obscene, harassing, defamatory, filthy, violent, pornographic, abusive, threatening, objectionable or illegal material on the Site; post a communication that advocates or encourages criminal conduct or conduct that may give rise to civil liability.
- Under NO circumstances post, Advertise or otherwise solicit funds, goods or services on Virtual McArt Studio.
Virtual McArt Studio reserves the right to monitor use of the Site. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Virtual McArt Studio at any time.
Access of the content available on the Virtual McArt Studio site beyond that of normal patterns of use that suggests the attempt of systematic copying/downloading of prohibited content constitutes abuse of site and will result in denial of access to the site. The terms “normal patterns” and “abuse” shall be determined solely by Virtual McArt Studio. You agree not to violate any U.S., foreign or international software or technology export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
Termination of Agreement
Virtual McArt Studio may terminate access to the site or cancel subscriptions and prevent access to content without notice if it believes, in its sole judgment, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this Agreement, or engaged in conduct deemed inappropriate.
Any claim relating to McArt Studio INC, Virtual McArt Studio site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
McArt Studio INC, Virtual McArt Studio, reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. Except as otherwise stated herein, any change to these Terms is effective immediately after McArt Studio INC, Virtual McArt Studio gives notice to the User. Notice can be given through e-mail, posting on the Site or any other means by which a user may obtain notice. User agrees to check the Site periodically for changes to these Terms. Any use of the Site after changes have been made shall be deemed acceptance of those changed terms and/or conditions. McArt Studio INC, Virtual McArt Studio operates this Site from the United States and makes no representation that the Site complies with any foreign or international laws. You agree to comply with all applicable local laws, including any international laws, in using this Site. You may not assign your rights or delegate your duties under these Terms. The parties agree that no third party is an intended beneficiary of these Terms.